Boat and Watercraft insurance is similar to auto insurance – it provides liability coverage for the boat owner in case of an on-water accident as well as providing coverage for the watercraft as well. Boat owner’s insurance also provides additional liability insurance to cover injuries occurring to passengers as well as coverage for such personal articles as life jackets, skis and boogie boards, and other boat-related items.
A good boat owner’s policy will also pay for such things as on-water towing, roadside assistance for issues occurring to and from the water, and even total loss replacement.
We provide insurance coverage for:
- Powerboats (ski boats, fishing boats)
- Personal Watercraft (jet skis and wave runners)
- Pontoon Boats
- Yachts (including ocean-going $1M+ crewed craft)
Many boat owners fail to consider the consequences of not having proper insurance, so why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
- If you’re in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it’s on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Call us at (512) 986-6124 or (800) 299-8994 to discuss your watercraft insurance needs.